Senior Frontend Developer (PHP or Java)
Imagine to develop software you believe in, with people you believe in and a leadership that believes in you and your capabilities. Think of a company that enables you to work with the most up-to-date technology and provides you with the development opportunities and challenges you are looking for. Hard to believe? Well, just stop dreaming and come to us.
Who we are
We are Digistore24, an online-reseller and affiliate marketing platform. Everything we do comes down to one simple mission: Help as many enterprises as possible, small and large ones, to have success online, by making their business as simple and automated as possible. We build everything to match this mission. No dogmas, no borders, no-nonsense.
Who you are
Optimizing user experience and creating beautiful interfaces that are easy to use is the most satisfying thing for you. You simply think and act through the eyes of your user. While your focus is on the frontend, you are able to connect it to the backend, too. After several years of experience you want an engaging role where you can directly influence a thriving company’s new products from scratch.
You’ll be the key frontend developer with a strong focus on turning creative designs into highly functional, pixel perfect web interfaces. You are going to work in a small team with a flat hierarchy, so you will have a lot of creative freedom and responsibility to implement elegant, maintainable, and usable solutions. With your knowledge you will contribute to building a strong frontend foundation for all our web projects.
We want you to:
- Develop all user-facing features of our new web projects
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX/UI designs
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Support back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
Skills and requirements
Your work will be used by many thousands of users, meaning that you have a keen eye for detail, the foresight to identify issues before they become problems, and a willingness to go the extra mile when needed.
You should also bring with you:
- Min. 3 years experience as a front-end developer (PHP or Java) and a portfolio of successfully delivered works
- Excellent HTML5 and CSS programming skills
- Experience with Bootstrap, SCSS
- Good knowledge of Vanilla Java Script, jQuery, AngularJS
- Experience with agile development methods
- Fluent in english
- You love solving tricky problems and have a constant learning attitude
Nice to have:
- Generating mockups and UX/UI experience
- Know-how in wireframing
- Experience working with teams that are not co-located
What we offer
Working for a rapidly growing market leader in the german-speaking online marketing business means that you can expect us to provide everyone with the best working environment and growth opportunities possible.
- Flexible working time, including the possibility to work from home (remote)
- Competitive salary and benefits package and absolutely reliable salary payments
- High salary value due to lower tax burden and moderate consumer prices in Bulgaria
- Top notch additional health insurance package
- Health supporting environment with fresh fruits every day, fresh spring water, fresh filtered air, the ability to make fresh smoothies every day and much more
- Your personal high-end Macbook or PC laptop
- Environment where you can learn and grow with regular learning days, team events, conferences and a strong focus on personal development
- Unlimited budget for books, seminars and everything that supports your personal and professional development
- Full relocation package for moving to Sofia (Bulgaria), finding a flat, organizing your stay
- Beautiful leisure time possibilities near the office, for example: Skiing in the mountains (30min by car), swimming in two seas (3-4 hours by car)
- Free parking space in a modern office building with perfect view over Sofia's skyline
- Bestair and Bestwater filters, a gaming corner, kicker tables (and the freedom to use them whenever you want)
- Small and international yet close-knit team where everyone's input is truly valued for shaping the company
Apply for this position
You recognize yourself in this description and think you meet the requirements? Then we are looking forward to meet you. In order to apply please provide us with the following information:
- Send a resume (PDF) in English or German language.
- If you want to boost your chances by a mile include links to your last web projects, your coding samples, or your web designs and portfolio so we can get an impression of your skills.