Senior Back-End Developer (PHP)
We are looking for the best and most reliable developers with a high drive for contribution, who breathe extreme ownership and take full responsibility for their software projects. You do not work for your CV; you do not program something to show-off in front of your friends, you do not hope to eventually join Google someday. You are not waiting for some day.
We are building an IT company that develops software to the same standards as Google itself. However, without having to live a shadowy existence as a small cog in a large corporation.
Software Development at Digistore24
Digistore24 is one of the fastest growing software companies in Europe. Our core platform is an automation solution developed by a small and extremely competent team. It provides a complete infrastructure to over 100.000 entrepreneurs to build a scalable online business with millions of customers.
We have achieved this, because of clear, indisputable software development principles:
- Bug-free German Engineering - All our software projects have substantial influence on critical business processes and must therefore be extremely reliable and well-programmed.
- Agile Workflows - Our focus is to directly implement ideas as testable features instead of writing long documentations first. This way we create shipable beta versions within a few weeks and evolve them continuously through reality checks.
- Freedom, Responsibility and Trust - The success of our projects lies in the hands of individuals just like you, who are extremely competent developers and who therefore receive all necessary resources and full support from us.
- Equal Focus on the Business perspective - We do not see software development independent from the software business. Thus, everyone here develops software through the eyes of the user. We help you internalize their needs and requirements as perfectly as you know your code.
The Dev Team
Our team consists of experienced developers, each of whom takes full responsibility for his or her own project, that is
- to write high-quality code and set up clean architectures,
- to understand their own application technically and business-wise,
- to think and develop quickly and in agile steps,
- and thereby develop world-class software that makes a difference.
In addition, everyone plans and prioritizes their own development pace. We do not believe in specifying detailed requirements and applying strict regulations. What matters to us is a project in budget and ahead of schedule.The Project
We are currently developing an application for creating websites and online courses. In doing so, we support our customers to build up a profitable online business completely on their own. This is a SaaS project that serves as a funnel, lead-page and membership-building platform.
It is based on PHP and Symfony 2.8 and is closely tied to our core platform Digistore24. The release will be delivered to our more than 100.000 customers, ensuring a successful market launch. This means that you will not only enjoy great freedom in the development process, but also a virtually guaranteed impact with the final product you put on the road.
You understand complex use cases, think and read into complex topics and - if you get stuck, ask the right people the right questions - proactively. In addition, you are able to design meaningful solutions to problems within short time. Last but not least, you understand which systems your project is involved in, and make sure that interactions with these systems are stable and reliable.
You should also bring with you:
- Excellent knowledge of web development technologies (LAMP, Symfony, AngularJS)
- Several years of object oriented web development experience in PHP
- Min. 5 years of experience along with a proven track record of successfully delivering high quality web software at scale
- Experience in improving architecture and code quality by refactoring
- Ability to develop automated tests with phpUnit.
- Work well under pressure, developing key features for high volume, business critical systems
- Experience and desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun at the same time
- Good English language skills with German being an asset
If you bring that to the table and identify with our culture, we will provide you with all the resources necessary to succeed. We give you a permanent place in a team of spirited performers who really want to make a difference. And we'll have your back and let you do what you can do best - building great software.
Of course this matters for us. We give so that you can contribute. If that scares you off, very well - then you do not make a bad investment and either do we. If you like our approach, then we would be really happy to hear from you.
We do not want to assess your skills and motivation solely based on diplomas and certificates. Show us what you did. We are interested in all projects of your previous occupations, own projects, your code on Github, etc.
Please send your application via the apply now button and upload your resume (PDF) as well as all the work samples you think are necessary.
When everything goes well, we will get back to you and have a short phone call. The next steps will be:
- a code test
- an interview with our CEO and the tech team
- a final feedback and a job offer within 2 weeks time